THE TREEHOUSE PRE-SCHOOL PRIVACY STATEMENT
Purpose of this Statement
The Treehouse Pre-School is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We think it is extremely important to keep any personal information we hold secure and confidential.
Laws apply to our use of anyone’s personal information and everyone has rights regarding how their personal information is handled.
We have published this statement to tell you:
- What information we may collect about you;
- How we store your personal information;
- What we use your personal information for; and
- Who (if anyone) we pass it on to and for what purposes.
Personal Information we may collect from you
When you first come into contact with us (which may be for a variety of reasons) we may collect your name and contact details for use by us. Other information we may collect from you will depend on the reason for the contact and these are detailed below:
For employment or pension purposes:
- Detailed personal information such as full name including any former names, age, gender, date of birth, ethnicity, nationality, particular needs or preferences so that we can understand your relevant circumstances
- Additional personal information including marital status, previous marital status, dependants under 18, educational history and attainments, full employment history, Christian journey, church experience, interests and financial position
- Information we gain from others while processing your application, such as references, medical, criminal records information from UK and overseas.
- Where required we will collect your bank details to enable your salary, pension or expenses to be paid
To provide support for parents
- We may take a written note of any conversation you have with us and the information you share as part of that conversation
- We may keep copies of communications you send to us
- We may obtain information (including fact and opinion) from others, for example from a mentor, supervisor, colleague or other person
For raising the profile of the pre-school and it’s work
- With your consent, we may use photo or video footage of you, or your story, for use in our various publications and on our website
For managing or reviewing our work as a pre-school
- Any information about complaints about our pre-school or individuals within our pre-school
For work you are involved in within the pre-school that needs a Disclosure and Barring Service check since you are working with children
- Your full name, email address, mobile phone number and date of birth.
- If we already have contact with you we have most likely already collected any/all of this information.
For registration purposes:
- Your child’s full name and any special needs including allergies
Where we store your personal information
We are committed to holding your personal information securely. This means only those of our staff and leadership volunteers that need to see it have access.
We may store your information on computers, in paper form, or both.
All computers within the office or at home including laptops are password protected. In addition, all electronic data is held with password protected Google accounts which can be accessed from any computer and potentially mobile phones.
Our paper files which hold personal information (other than names and contact details) are kept in securely locked cupboards.
We will hold and use your personal information until it is no longer required for our purposes.
What we use your personal information for:
- To contact you when organising events, trips or home visits
- To enable us to be more effective in providing pastoral support to our church members and regular church attendees.
- To send periodic emails to you if you subscribe to one of our mailing lists. You will always have the option to unsubscribe to further emails using the unsubscribe instructions at the end of each email.
- To enable us to respond to you when you use the ‘contact us’ or ‘report an absence’ on our website. Data collected in this way will not be used for any other purpose.
- Meeting our legal obligations and exercising any legal rights
- Other purposes for which we may anonymise your information so that it cannot be linked to you.
- We use your information in line with our Data Protection Policy and the policies and procedures that apply to our use of your information. All staff are required to sign this statement to confirm their awareness and personal acceptance of the policy.
- To operate our preschool and children’s groups
We will not pass your information onto any other organisations.
We may sometimes be obliged or permitted to disclose your personal data by law such as by a regulator with appropriate legal authority, court order or for other legitimate purposes.
Where you have given us information expressly in confidence, we will keep this information confidential. This means we will store it securely and not share it with other parties unless you have given us explicit permission to do so or there is a statutory duty or court order to disclose. Where we cannot provide our services or support for you unless we can share this information with others, we will require that any information we do share is in turn kept confidential by those other persons.
Others may supply information to us which is confidential. Where information is confidential we may not be able to share the information or the source with you.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information. However you will need to understand that we may be unable to provide our services to you if we are unable to record and process certain details. You can ask us to amend or correct your personal data.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
This Statement may change. We will display the current Statement on our website, and in our church and preschool offices.
The Tree-House Pre School
1 Coxhill Way
Tel: 01296 434541